The Functions of the Department:
1. Concerning the identification of Uzbekistan’s cultural wealth located overseas:
- to create the list of the relevant countries;
- to collect comprehensive data on museums, scientific and research institutions, archives, libraries, funds, and private collections in these countries, to the best possible extend;
- to establish bilateral cultural relations with foreign museums, scientific and research institutions, archives, libraries, funds, and private collections;
- to draft proposals on organizing negotiations and taking necessary measures to repatriate cultural wealth located overseas back to our country;
- to classify the types of cultural wealth;
- to repatriate the original or reproduced copies, photo and video illustrations of cultural wealth located overseas back to Uzbekistan in accordance with the National and International legislation, International agreements, resolutions and norms;
- to analyze the effectiveness of execution of the legal acts on migration of cultural wealth.
2. Concerning the study of cultural wealth brought to our country:
- to take measures on conducting the research of cultural wealth brought to our country in cooperation with foreign scientists;
- to prepare high-quality bibliographic collections, catalogues, albums, and other publications to publicize the results of the research projects;
- to organize the publication of the relevant research findings in different languages (Uzbek, English, Russian and other);
- to broadcast the results of the research projects through national mass media (television, radio and regular edition) and Internet on a regular basis.